Lozenets district, Sofia
The existing building was a 20-storey administrative building, consisting of a low one-storey body with one underground floor and a high - 19-storey body. The building was designed in 1964 for the purposes of the then design organization "Energoproekt".
The facade of the building was completed with a suspended glass facade, the glazing of which has been compromised over time.
All existing installations - plumbing, sprinkler, electricity, heating, have also been compromised.
The existing building did not also meet the requirements for fire safety - it had only one evacuation staircase, which was internal.
The project for reconstruction and rehabilitation of the building envisages:
- Construction of a new emergency evacuation staircase – external.
- Construction of two new reinforced concrete entrance stairs and a ramp for access of disadvantaged people to the ground floor.
- Complete replacement of the existing facades – a new facade system will be installed with a cladding of limestone slabs and fiber cement boards. On the western facade there will be a vertical strip of suspended aluminum facade with double glazing. The other facade windows are to be made of aluminum windows with double glazing.
- Construction of a new internal staircase between the ground and the basement levels.
- Construction of a new fire tank. A new sprinkler system for the building has been designed.
- Reduction of the existing electro-substation room.
- Relocation of the heating substation - 2 new modern heating substations are provided for the two heating circuits, which would take up significantly less space.
- Bringing the existing internal evacuation staircase to the current fire-fighting regulations - providing overpressure.
- Separation of a fire-fighting elevator - one of the large elevators is differentiated as an elevator for fire-fighting and emergency rescue purposes. The elevator is provided with a special trigger so that in the event of a fire it can be activated by rescue teams.
- Separation of a fire site for access with fire-fighting mechanical ladders or hoists.
- Construction of new installations - electricity, plumbing, HVAC, sprinkler.
- Construction of new non-bearing partition walls on all floors.
- Construction of pre-wall cladding for reinforced concrete elements on all floors.
- Installation of raised floor and laying of floor covering on all floors.
- Installation of a new suspended ceiling on all floors.
- Installation of new interior windows.
- Installation of new sanitary appliances in the sanitary blocks on all floors.
- Laying paint and faience on the walls in the newly built rooms on all floors.
- Laying new thermal and hydro insulation on the low and high body roofs.
- Laying new thermal insulation (mineral wool 4 cm laminated with a glass veil) under the roof tiles and on the basement ceiling.